Eagle Brae are building 3 new log cabins in 2018!
The very exciting news is we will be building 3 new log cabins in 2018. To compliment the current 7 cabins that sleep either 2 persons or up to 6 persons, the new cabins will be 4 person capacity cabins. The new cabins will additionally each have a sauna and the bedrooms will have French windows to enjoy the fantastic views from the cosy safety of your duvet!
The 2018 calendar year will be impacted in the following way:
- January to March: open as normal
- April: completely closed for one month during the log set whilst the crane is on site
- May to November: open with 20% discounted rates in recognition of minimal amount of construction disturbance
- December 2018 onwards: open as normal
Expected level of disturbance:
The aim is to build the 3 new cabins with the minimum disturbance to staying guests. The following measures will be undertaken to minimise any construction disturbance to guests staying during this period:
- Tradesman to work 10am to 6pm rather than 9am to 5pm to minimise any morning noise
- All three new cabin sites to have Harris fencing perimeters with custom screen printed fabric to help blend cabin work sites into the surroundings
- Material stores, skips and tradesmen amenities to be located within each new cabin site to minimise tradesmen journeys between new cabin sites
One of Eagle Brae’s defining features is the generous distance between the cabins so we don’t expect the construction of the three new cabins to have a big impact on guests staying in the other cabins, especially as most guests tend to go out during the daytime in the summer months whilst the tradesmen will be working. That said, there will be a minimal level of disturbance and our wilderness charm will no doubt be slightly compromised by the construction activity. For this reason, in recognition of this minimal level of disturbance, we are offering a 20% discount on all bookings staying between May and November 2018. If you book between May and November 2018 this discount will be automatically applied to your booking as a ‘Seasonal discount’.
We hope to continue welcoming guests throughout this period and thank you all for your understanding during this exciting new phase at Eagle Brae.